Click Photo for Larger Version
Please read before you download
Images and/or text from holylandphotos.org are NOT TO BE USED ON OTHER WEB SITES, NOR COMMERCIALLY, without special permission. To request permission contact us at HolyLandPhotos@comcast.net.
Image of a reconstruction of the area of the Upper Agora.
1. Bouleuterion (Council Hall) — built c. 100 B.C.
2. Heroon (Honorific Monument) — built ca A.D. 1–14
3. Honorific Columns for members of the leading families of Sagalassos (ca. 25 B.C.–A.D. 14)
4. Doric Temple (probably for Zeus) — ca A.D. 1–25
5. Monument for Tyche — ca. 25 B.C. – A.D. 14
6. Honorific Arch dedicated to the Roman Emperor Caligula — built by Claudius (ca. A.D. 41–51)
7. Zeus Temple — ca. 25–1 B.C.
8. Antonine Nymphaeum — A.D. 161–180
This plan and commentary are from an "on site" sign at Sagalassos.
Click Here to see what this area looks like today.